Brandon Car Accident Attorney
Anytime you drive out onto the road, you risk getting into a car accident. A car crash can happen in a variety of ways. They can range from minor to deadly. In fact, car accidents rank as one of the top causes of death for people of all ages.
If you have been involved in a car accident, it’s a good idea to understand the procedures involved and how to obtain compensation for your injuries. A Brandon car accident attorney can guide you through the process and help protect your legal rights.
Common Types of Car Accidents
The most common ways in which car crashes can occur include the following:
- Rear-end crashes. These account for nearly 30% of car accidents. This type of crash occurs when a vehicle hits the rear of a vehicle in front. This crash is often caused by tailgating and distracted driving.
- Side-impact crashes. Also known as T-bone crashes, these accidents occur when a vehicle that does not have the right of way hits the side of a vehicle, making a T shape.
- Head-on crashes. These are the deadliest crashes. They occur when two vehicles going in opposite directions collide with each other, with the fronts of both vehicles hitting each other. These accidents often happen at high speeds, which can lead to catastrophic injuries and even death.
- Solo-vehicle crashes. Many accidents involve just one vehicle. This happens when a vehicle collides with an object or goes off the road. These crashes are often caused by intoxicated or distracted driving.
What to Do After a Car Accident
Involved in a car crash? Follow these steps:
- Move your vehicle. If you can, move your car out of the road so it doesn’t get involved in another accident.
- Check for injuries. If you or anyone else involved in the crash is injured, call 911 right away to get medical treatment.
- Call the police. You will want to have a police report for the insurance company. The police report is an important document that can help with the claims process.
- Exchange information. You’ll also need to get information from the other driver involved. This information includes their name, contact information, insurance company, driver’s license information, license plate, and type of vehicle.
- Document the accident. Gather evidence about the accident. Jot down notes about the date and location, weather and road conditions, and how the accident occurred. You should also take photos of the damages and injuries, as well as the surrounding areas.
Contact a Brandon Car Accident Attorney Today
Car accidents are common occurrences. While many are minor, some are catastrophic and even fatal. Make sure you get the compensation you deserve for your damages.
Brandon personal injury attorney Stephanie Koether from Koether Law, P.A. understands the physical, emotional, and financial effects of a Florida car accident. She can assist you with recovery so you can get life back to normal. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.